TV182 and TV184
Underwater ENG camera housings
ENG-Camera Housings for all kinds of extreme out-door conditions
order code: TV182 and TV184
We manufacture waterproof housings and rain-cape / hurricane hoods for professional applications with ENG style cameras and digital prosumer-camcorders .
The waterproof ewa-marine housings allow you to use your camera in a multitude of adverse conditions:
- under water to a depth of 5 meters (15 feet)
- out door sports and watersports events
- on small boats and yachts
- in the surf, spray and storms
- under waterfalls
- in the tropics (high humidity)
- in dusty and sandy environments (sand storms)
- "clean room" environments
- sterile areas (e.g. medical applications)
- protection against contamination (chemical)
- under ground in mines
There are two versions of the ENG camera housing. The TV182 and the TV184. The only difference is the length of the housing at the rear. In other words, the TV184 will accept slightly longer lens / camera / battery combinations:
The TV 182 is made to fit camera systems of the following lenth (as measured from the back of the battery to the front of the lens)
540 mm to 650mm
(21 1/4 inch to 25 1/2 inch)
The special, patented ewa-marine adapter system (included with every housing) secures the lens to the housing's front port (made from special, hardened, optical glass).
The set includes a reduction adapter AR77-82mm and system-rings ARS82 for 82mm filter tread, and ARS95 for 95mm filter tread.
As an option we can also supply the system-ring ARS94 for a 94mm filter thread.
The camera can be operated from the outside of the housing. We have installed "fingers" in various positions to allow a hassle free adjustment of zoom and lens. All controls and displays are visible from the outside.
The housing is fitted with carry straps and clip on belts for additional diving weights.
The view finder can be used either horizontally (camera on your shoulder), vertically (camera under water with the cameraman standing above water level) or at any angle in between. A special, highly transparent foil allows a clear look into the view finder.
The advantages of the flexible housing in contrast to a hard aluminium or poly-carbonate housing are obvious:
- light weight (approximately 1.2 kg)
- small packing volume
- all controls can be operated and seen through the transparent, muti-layered foil
- the housing will float with the camera inside (unless fitted with additional weights for serious diving)
- simple, but very safe and most effective, maintenance free seal
The housing should be checked before each use under water as described in the user manual. Due to the simple an yet very effective system, the ewa-marine housing provides the safest solution for outdoor and underwater productions. All housings are supplied with a full one year guarantee on craftsmanship and material.
Actually, it's not in a box at all. We sell this unit in a handy, yellow, nylon carry bag. This bag is ideal to store and transport your ewa-marine housing, it also helps reduce unnecessary packaging-waste and as such is part of our amain to help the environment.
In Addition to your housing and closing rail you will get the following with your new ewa-marine:
- black carry-case
- generic manual for ewa-marine video housings
- detailed page with user information for this housing
- sachets of Camera-Dry silica-gel
- foam padding
- sun shade (fits around front port)
- front port adapters ARS82 for 82mm filter thread, and ARS95 for 95mmm filter thread
- RA77-82mm step-up adapter
- Emergency repair kit
Should you require a lost or broken part, please contact us via mail:
- TV closing rail
- sun shade
- set of 3 knurled nuts for closing rail
- foam padding
- SF128 front port replacement (has to be replaced in factory)
- puncture repair (has to be repaired in factory)
- black nylon bag